This year’s Turkey Trial will feature something all new – event-specific “emotes” for players and will take place on all official ARK maps including Scorched Earth, The Center, and The Island. ARK update v252.0 also adds four new creatures to discover and tame.
- New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Moschops
- New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3 with Random Mutations and Family Trees.
- CrossARK Transfer: Easily bring characters and items back and forth between islands in the base game and the Scorched Earth expansion
- All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned with proper shipping-quality layouts and graphics & increased challenge (ALL Cave Structures will necessarily be wiped in this version).
- Explorer Notes: Two new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
- A huge increase in server performance (20% faster!)
- Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino!
- New Whistle Type: “Move To”, point at an arbitrary location and tell your dinos to move there!
- VFX Indicators for Whistle Commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units.
Achatina Limusegnis: Slow and steady, that’s the best way to describe the Achatina, a land mollusk standing about 2-3 ft tall. Prized by local tribes, the Achatina is often captured and tamed for its glue-like secretions, which can be used as an adhesive when building various structures.
Megalosaurus Noctedominus: The scary nighttime predator Megalosaurus is a beast that causes both survivors and other land creatures to fear the dark. Megalosaurus is a voracious carnivore, and is often trained for use in nighttime raids against other survivor camps.
Moschops Cibumutante: While on the subject of cowardly dinos, there’s the Moschops, another new addition in this update. Moschops defines fear, as in fear-ful, since the slightest provocation sends it running. This dino’s “special ability” is that it can eat just about anything and do just fine. This makes it particularly useful when domesticated and trained to eat specific materials – for example, teach it to focus on chewing a specific material, and that resource will become easier to harvest. Just remember that everything scares this breed of dino and it will flee without hesitation!
Pachyrhinosaurus Mitisaura: A bit of a scaredy-cat, the Pachyrhinosaurus doesn’t stick around when things get dangerous, as being a medium-sized herbivore doesn’t offer many attack opportunities. Its docility nature does make it useful as an easy-to-train mount for new riders, and its ability to produce a calming “scent” when in danger, helps keep survivors safe. The Pachyrhinosaurus can also reverse the effect of its scent cloud, making nearby creatures incredibly aggressive, which is sometimes useful in attacking other camps.
All New Caves on The Island
Patch 252 also introduces a vast redesign of the original caves on The Island! They will undergo a complete visual makeover, introducing new gameplay and stunning scenery. Seasoned explorers will want to grab their gear as there is much to be unravelled, and so much to be discovered, including all-new Explorer Notes!
For more info from ARK: Survival Evolved keep checking thebuttonsmashers.com.