Polygon Treehouse and United Label officially launch Röki on PC today, opening the door to a beautiful game of adventure, courage, and folklore. Röki is available right now on Steam and GOG and will release on the Nintendo Switch in the near future.
Röki is the debut game from Polygon Treehouse, headed by Tom Jones and Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou. Here’s a message from Tom and Alex about their first launch as indies:
“For our debut indie title, we wanted to depart from the ‘shooty-shooty’ games we’d made at PlayStation and make the game about family, adventure, monsters, and kindness. When we started development three years ago the world was quite a different place, and we hope the game we’ve created and its themes are now more relevant and important than ever.”
Röki sets players off on a journey through a dark contemporary fairy tale inspired by Scandinavian folklore in the shoes of the heroine Tove, a young girl touched by magic. Players will unravel the mysteries of a mystical forest and its hidden pathways, find curious items, engage with strange creatures, and journey into Tove’s memories to directly confront her past as she attempts to save her family.
- A 12-15 hour adventure with a modernized vision for the genre
- Beautiful handcrafted graphics
- Challenging, but not unforgiving gameplay
- Seek out clues and drag and drop items into the environment to solve inter-linked, intuitive, and memorable puzzles.
- Missing the right tool for a puzzle? Combine the unique items you’ve discovered during Tove’s journey to make new, useful items in a simple drag & drop craft system.
Open up Tove’s journal, where she makes note of the uncharted regions uncovered, the loot collected, and unique badges earned throughout. The journal also serves as a window into the rich Scandinavian folklore Röki is influenced by.