There has never been a better time to be a PC gamer than now, as the PC is finally starting to get the support it deserves from more and more developers that previously made games primarily for console. One of the more recent devs to make the jump is Nippon Ichi Software, Inc, who are best known for their Disgaea franchise, and their many assortment of JRPG type games. NIS America who prior to now has never had any of their titles on PC, is now following the path that others like Namco Bandai have paved, and begun the move to PC with their first PC port being from their Disgaea franchise. The game listed as Disgaea PC on steam is a port of the first Disgaea game, and is set to be released in February 2016. There is no price point yet for the title, but as this will be a remake of the first Disgaea game we expect that it won’t be any higher than $20 USD.
These are the features currently listed on the games steam page:
Download the Darkness, Level Up Evil!
Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil. With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord. Experience the SRPG classic, now on PC!
- An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
- Choose from over 40 unique character types
- Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
- Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
- With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
- Over-the-top battle animations
- Geo Panels – A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
- Lift & Throw – Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
- A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversedNew to Disgaea PC (It’s not just a port!):
- Updated UI and textures
- Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
- Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
- New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading card
if you’d like to hear more of my thoughts on this topic, then I suggest you listen to the Buttonsmashers podcast.