Today, the Occultist is divulged what lies behind its grim appearance and the second video in the series reveals how the class carefully balances or combines the power of both Darkness and Light.
In Revelation Online,the Occultist class switches between using the dark arts for malicious ranged attacks, and the light to heal and strengthen its allies. The scythe-wielding Occultist can switch between both disciplines at will, creating a versatile and dangerous class.
The other 5 classes of Revelation Online are:
- Blademaster: As secondary tanks and close combat specialists, they combine their twin blade damage with escape skills allowing them to cut through wave after wave of enemies. Their heavy reliance on melee attacks leaves them open to ranged attacks.
- Vanguard: These steel walls rely on melee combat. Their chief strength is surviving battles of attrition, rather than dealing burst damage.
- Swordmage: While wielding a falchion they are focused on powerful magic damage, specializing in area of effect spells. They invest all of their energy in sharpened elemental magic, leaving them relatively vulnerable to focused attacks.
- Spiritshaper: As summoners and healers, they are relatively easy to play and have great survival skills. They are highly sought after on teams for their support and deceitfully high damage output.
- Gunslinger: With high precise damage they hunt down individual targets from afar or use advanced weaponry for mid-range deterrence. Gunslingers have few control skills and are less effective in close combat.
Players can pick their own play style by freely distributing points to their core character attributes like strength and dexterity past level 40. All classes have diverse skill sets, with over 20 unique skills, which can be further upgraded past level 49 to match the chosen play style. Players are in full control over their class progression.