Oscar Brittain’s Desert Child Coming to PC and Consoles
With so many big names out there you have got to respect Kickstarter for offering a platform where up and coming developers can garner the support they need from the fans to make their vision a reality. It seems that Akupara Games agrees. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Akupara Games in partnership with Australian developer Oscar Brittain are set to publish Desert Child, a hoverbike racing RPG which will be coming to consoles and PC in late 2018.
In Desert Child, players will race on vintage hoverbikes in an effort to make enough money to get off Earth before it blows up and escape to the Red Planet. In between races, players can sell gun parts for money, repair and customize bikes, and eat ramen to fuel up.
The game is chuck full of fun features such as:
- Hunt bounties, deliver contraband, throw races – do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your beloved bike with Guns, Amplifiers and tasteless bumper stickers.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that will keep you coming back.
- Chill to a dope sci-fi soundtrack.
Oscar, with the support of Akupara Games, will be bringing Desert Child to the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and MAC (STEAM and Game Jolt). No confirmed release date as of yet, but we’re set to give this indie developer our support later this year