All We Know About FFVII Remake | Release Date | Voice Cast | Price
SQUARE ENIX® brought FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE to the forefront of the company’s E3 2019 Live Event, showcasing in-depth gameplay of FFVII Remake ahead of the title’s hands-on debut for consumers at E3 this week.
FFVII REMAKE is a re-imagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series.
Along with unforgettable characters and a powerful story, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE features a hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat.
In addition, details of the game’s voice cast were unveiled, including:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Keep in mind this will be the first part of the remake, which will split up into multiple entries. How far in the plot this first entry will reach is still yet to be revealed, but we do know that the standard version will cost us a full $60. There are also multiple limited editions, but I’ve chosen not to write about those.
FFVII REMAKE will be available first for the PlayStation®4 from March 3, 2020, with English, Japanese, French and German voice over and English, French, LatAm Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German and Spanish subtitles