Today we got full confirmation on the PS5 price and release date thanks to the #PS5showcase streamed by PlayStation. The console manufacture showcased an assortment of games heading to the new platform then revealed it will be retailing for $499 for the standard system and $399 for the disc-less model in the US.
Other regions will have them at $629 CAD/¥49,980/€499.99/£449.99 (standard model) and $499 CAD/¥39,980/€399.99/£359.99 (Disc-less model). Both will be available starting on November 12th, 2020 in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, while the rest of the world will receive them from November 19th.
They also revealed that their games will now be priced from $50 to $70 USD on the PS5 and that most of their announced exclusives will still be coming to the PS4. These include: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West.
Also launching this November is a slate of new accessories:
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/CAD$89.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/CAD$129.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/CAD$79.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/CAD$39.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/CAD$39.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
Watch our reactions to the presentation for more context on the PS5 Price and release announcement: