The Steam App Gets a Facelift
Valve have completely revamped the Steam app – with a new framework, new design, and new features. You’ll still be able to browse the store, get Steam Guard codes, and confirm trades – with additions like QR code scanning for PC sign in, smarter notifications, customizable tabs, and a new Library view with remote downloads.
Supported by work across the entire Steam platform to improve account security, including new sign in experiences on the web and in the Steam Client, the mobile app is the best way to keep your account secure with two-factor authentication.
Features of the new Steam app
- Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account
- QR code sign in – Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Sign in confirmation – Confirm your regular Steam sign ins with simple “approve” or “deny”
- Authorized Devices – Manage access to the devices your account has signed in
- Easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc from wherever you are
- Your Library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support, and more
- Remote download of games and updates on your PC, managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more
- Trade and Market confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your approval
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs
The app is available in the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, and as a standalone APK. You can learn more about all 3 of Steam’s apps: Steam Mobile, Steam Link, and Steam Chat.